Acura with issues

I have a 99 TL. The car generally runs well, but at times,the engine just cuts out. I can be travelling 55 mph and the engine will just stall. Usually it starts right up. I can also be running well, and when it idles it will stall. Otherwise, at times, it starts with no problem. Other times it will turn over, but not start until many tries.

I have replaced most of the sensors, and am out of ideas. No check engine lights comes on, so there is no way to accurately diagnose the problem.

I would appreciate any ideas.

You Are Possibly Describing The Symptoms Of A Failed Ignition Switch. A Recall Is Out On Some Honda Models, Including Some 1999 Acura 3.2 TL Vehicles.
The Acura recall covers 97-99 3.0 CLs, 98-99 2.3 CLs, and 99 3.2 TLs.

Has the recall been performed on this vehicle ? I’d check the VIN (vehicle identification number) with an Acura dealer and see if this car’s eligible for the recall and to see if it’s got an “open” recall.

Some people have had the recall performed and still have symptoms of a failed ignition switch.

This is just one of many possible reasons for stalling. The recall should be done free of charge, so that’s where I’d start.

CSA

Its worth a try. I have had a mechanic replace many of the sensors, with no success. Since there is no check engine light, there is no indication as to what is wrong. The tough part is when it suddenly stops running even at high speed.
I have not seen anything like it.

“The tough part is when it suddenly stops running even at high speed.
I have not seen anything like it.” No Argument. Thus The Recall.

The recall is for vehicles that quit running, even at cruising speed. Usually the vehicle can then be restarted. Contacts in the switch wear out and become intermittent.

CSA