Acura transmission issue at not even 90,000 mi

My transmission is going out on my Acura 2003 TLs. This should not be happening and it will cost me > $3000. No longer under warranty. I have known other cars, e.g. Toyotas, to go 300,000 miles with no transmission problems. Do I have any recourse?

Sounds pretty much average to me…

I believe they were having trouble with them back then and were paying 50% of the cost. If you have had all your service done at the dealer, you might try to discuss a little help on it.

Unfortunately a normal life span for a Honda Accord V6/Acura TL(same car essentially).

However I believe Honda/Acura extended a warranty for this early failure to 100k miles but not sure of years. Contact your closest Acura dealer and cross fingers for coverage.

A quick look shows the coverage is somewhat limited (go figure) and while the car may be within the mileage range allowed American Honda also specifies a time frame of 7 years from the date of purchase.

Date of purchase means the date the car first entered service as a dealer demonstrator or a new car purchase by a retail buyer.
It doesn’t hurt to contact American Honda and ask anyway. The worst they can do is say no.

Transmission failures are common to all makes. If you think Toyotas are infallible then drop by a Toyota dealer and see if you can get a straight answer about transmission failures on Toyotas over the last few years.

How about a little more info. Who says its going out??? What exactly is it doing to make you think its going out??

transman

I believe Acura now warranties this transmission for, I believe, 109,000 miles. The transmission on my 23003 TLS failed at 75,000 miles and a replacement was installed free of charge. See an Acura dealer before you spend any money to repair the transmission.