1999 Acura Transmission

I have a 1999 Acura 3.2 TL. The transmission was subject to a recall, which service i had performed at 66,000 miles. I complained twice after that to the dealer about shifting problems, the last time at 90,000 miles, but was told everything was OK.

Well, the transmission failed completely at 112,000 miles and the dealer refuses to do anything, and a letter to Acura in California has been ignored.

Can anyone offer me any advice/insight on what, if anything, i can do now, or am i out of luck?

Thanks!

Check out the Acura message boards, like AcuraTL.com and you’ll find a wealth of information there as many members there have gone through what you’re going through. I am surprised that your '99’s trans failed, those are typically the more reliable transmissions of that generation TL. Acura extended the warranty to 7 years, 105,000 miles (I think) and unfortunately your car falls outside. Keep the pressure on Acura, they might “goodwill” the replacement trans but you pick up the labor tab.

Good luck!!

I understand golden Honda has a sore spot on automatic transmissions/V6’s in the early 2000’s.

You can always try, but realistically your vehicle is 10 years old and anything unfortunately fail at any time. I would try calling Acura Customer Care.

good luck