Abs fault

What is the proceedure for finding a Falt in a 96 4.6 Eldorado ABS/Traction Control system?

It might be helpful if you can tell us why you think there is a problem.

I don’t know for sure, but I would guess you can have the car’s computer checked for errors which may/should include the ABS. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into English and post it back here.

It requires an ABS scan tool to pull codes for the ABS. Regular powertrain scanners do not pull ABS codes. So no autoparts store is going to be able to pull codes for you. You need to bring the vehicle to someone who has the capability of pulling ABS codes to determine what’s going on with the ABS.

Tester

I got into the computer where the codes are stored and found Code TC0038 current. I was told that I had a fuult in the rear left wheel sensor circuit, not necessarly the wheel sensor is self. Can you tell me the proceedure to find exactly, where the fault is ?

Once you have the code you need the diagnostic chart to locate the problem. The diagnostic flow chart will give you step by step instructions on what to check. There is no way to tell you where the fault lies other than doing the diagnostic tests.