A/C problem any ideas

I have a 96 Chevy Lumina with 131,000 miles on it. My A/C went out last year and i had it seviced at the dealership. Worked great for the rest of the summer. This summer it was out again-had it serviced in June. It has already gone out again. It blows, just doesn’t get cold. I thought it was just freeon, but i was told that it shouldn’t need refilling that much and that it might possibly be a cracked head gasket. I know nothing about cars so i have no idea if this is true. Any opinions…thanks

These are classic symptoms of a refrigerant leak. No, it shouldn’t need refilling this often, but it does because it’s leaking.

Did the dealer put dye in the system when they serviced it? If so, it should be easy to for them to locate the leak. If not, you should ask them why they didn’t.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with a head gasket.

I would not take it back to the dealer but to an independent. My experience with the Luminas is that the evaporators fail usually cracking and leaking the gas out. Where I live, they are known for that since the A/C here is on all year round on high.

As I recommend, take to an independent, but if it is the evaporator, they wwill have to remove the dash to replace it. Let us know how you work out.