A/C drain cleared now A/C is loud

Hello. This is my first post so I’m sorry if It’s too long but I don’t have anyone else to ask.

It’s a 2000 Deville. Before this the fan wasn’t blowing at all. This all takes place between mid June and now (mid August 2018).

I took it to a mechanic for a radiator replacement and they tried to get the AC working again by adding refrigerant. It worked two days and went hot again. Took it back, it needed a new hose and compressor. And more refrigerant.

Then it goes back because the air goes down to a trickle. Needs a new fan (it’s 5 in the morning so I might be thinking blower, I’m sorry).

Last week I discovered the passenger floor was wet. I had to wait about a week for them to get the drain cleared out. I dried the floor in the meantime.

Now the ac runs, it is cold, the power is still there but it’s very loud. The sound revs up if you turn it up. It also makes that noise with ac off and just vent. Mechanic says he can see it Monday.

Could those new parts have died that fast or is this happening on purpose? I haven’t had this many bad coincidences with a car before, and I’m not big and bad enough to yell at him, but I don’t know if I’m getting the run around. I can’t afford this anymore. I need advice please.

Thank you.

Amy

I think your blower fan motor is getting bad. Replacing the motor will cure the noise. You can do it yourself if you are handy.

Amy, in this case, I think it is just a coincidence that the various parts in your system are wearing out at the same time.

I checked the receipts today and it was a blower that they put in. I talked to him and he said it was new. I hope the part can be replaced without having to buy it again or else I might have to go without until a later time. This is the south so it’s miserably humid. Ugh.

Thank you for the replies. I’ll see what I can figure out.

Last summer i put a new blower in my wife’s 2012 malibu. The new blower motor came with a blower wheel installed, and it was out of balance. Because of it being out of balance, it was super loud at full speed. I took it back off, took it back, and got a different one under warranty. All better now.

Sounds like this is your issue, too. If so, it shouldn’t cost you any more money to fix this. Your mechanic should replace the blower he bought and installed for free.

I hope so, eddo. I’ve been back and forth to this place way too much this past month. It’s exhausting. This AC is just cursed.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

I got it replaced and the guy even got it done the same day! So far so good and I hope it lasts. Thank you all for being easy to talk to about car matters.