99' Jeep Cherokee Sport

I have electrical issues with my Jeep.

1. Intermittently, when I use my left blinker, it activates my hazzards. This DOES NOT show on the dash, or the front blinkers, just the rear.

2. My rear lights, and my break lights are the same bulb. When I turn on my lights at night, my rear lights work, my break lights do not, including my top hatch break light.

3. My side mirrors can no longer be moved by the toggle switch on the driver side door.

4. My passenger windows (front and back) do not always work, for the passengers. I can always operate them from the drivers main window “switch”. But the passenger switches don’t always work.

None of this has any rhymn or reason, and may not even be connected. My proirities are the rear brake lights, and blinkers.

Has anyone had this problem(s) and know how to fix it. I do not have the $$ to allow my mechanic to simply start “checking wires”. It could take hours to find the issue, and at $64/hr… well, you know.

Thanks!!!

With reference to your brake lights,I would access the light assembly and find the ground wire. It should attach to frame very close to the light assemblies. There should be one ground for each assembly. I am reallynot familiar with this type of vehicle but have had similar problems on other cars.

At first glance, I’d guess that you’ve got a bad ground connection or four somewhere. It might be worth it to get under the car, clean any rust or other crud off of them, and make sure they’re good and tight.

Failing that, the only other way to trace the problem is to get out a multimeter, a wiring diagram, and start testing wires for continuity.

One thing to check for this problem. Look at the bulkhead electrical connector at the firewall under the hood. This connector plugs directly into the back of the fuse box. Water can sometimes seep into this connector and corrode pins. And if this happens, you can’t believe some of the weird electrical things that can happen.

Tester