94 honda accord

I recently had brakes and rotors installed on the whole car. Now when I hit a bump in the road there is a rattling sound that comes from both the left and right front wheel. What could it be?

Faulty brake job. Best advice is to take it back to whoever did the brakes and demonstrate the problem that wasn’t there before,and do it quickly. Any number of things could be the problem.

Replacing the rotors on this car requires complete disassembly of the front steering knuckles so it could be any one of several things, tie rod ends, ball joints, backing plates, wheel bearings or the rotors may not have been bolted back in place properly. This really needs to be inspected by a qualified Honda mechanic, or a qualified mechanic that has access to the proper Honda documentation. It needs to be done very soon because some of these things can be very dangerous and can result in damage that is expensive to repair.

Replacing the rotors on this car requires complete disassembly of the front steering knuckles so it could be any one of several things, tie rod ends, ball joints, backing plates, wheel bearings or the rotors may not have been bolted back in place properly.

We’ve never owned a 94 Accord, but we’ve owned a 87 and 96 Accord. The rotors on both those years are EASY to replace. They are only held in place by the lugnuts. To replace you have to remove the screws that temporarly hold the rotors in place during assembly…but they really don’t hold the rotors in place. I’d be very surprised if the 94 Accord didn’t have the same setup.

First the rotors were on the outside of the hubs as with most cars. For a few years Honda put them on the inside of the hubs making replacement much more difficult (expensive). They switched back at some point. I would not be surprised if your 87 and 96 were outside, but 94 are inside. I don’t recall the MY with inside rotors if I ever really knew.

To the OP, yes, take it back to the shop.

They switched back at some point. I would not be surprised if your 87 and 96 were outside, but 94 are inside.

Bummer…As I said I never owned a 94. I don’t know why they’d switch. So much easier to change rotors that were mounted on the outside.

It could be because they are less expensive to manufacture or assemble. (Have you tried to fix a toaster lately?) It could also be a performance issue. Hot cars and airplanes are often built with more an eye more toward performance than ease of maintenance if there is a compromise to be made.

I don’t know about your 87, but I guarantee the 96 has the rotors on the inside, I just did a 96 two weeks ago and I have a 97. 92 thru 97 are the same, don’t know about before or after.