5 year-old boy stopped going to buy his dream car Lamborghini

The police stopped this kid driving his parents’ vehicle. He said he was on his way to buy a Lamborghini. He had 3 bucks with him.

Charges are pending against the parents.
Are they responsible for his actions or is this just a childhood experience, part of growing up?

Should the parents be charged with a crime?
What would be a just outcome?
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

In most states parents are responsible for their kids actions until the age of 15.

How the hell did he get the keys to the car? My kids NEVER EVER would have done this.

Parents need to be held responsible for their kids actions… Should the parents NOT be held responsible if this kid killed someone?

3 Likes

Mike, what would a just punishment look like, in your opinion?
CSA

[quote="MikeInNH, post:2,
Parents need to be held responsible for their kids actions.
Agree 100% it seem’s to me that most parent’s alway’s want to blame someone else whenever their kid’s get in trouble.

1 Like

So, personal responsibility…
You be the judge/jury. What should be the punishment (fine/other) to keep the parents from a repeat?

First a five year old has very little knowledge of what it right or wrong Second whoever was watching him did not do a very good job. This the parent’s should get a stern warning from the police if anything bad happen’s again they need to be turned over to whatever child protective service’s in their state to handle it if not think what can happen when he become’s a teenager.

1 Like

Also with all the safety device’s on car’s now a day’s like having to step on the brake’s to start and shift the car into gear how did a kid that small manage to do it plus know how to do it.

When I made my last comment I did not read the article I take back what I said about the kid’s size.

1 Like

The parents should get some type of punishment but I do wonder about the age of the sibling who was supposed to be watching the kid. If that sibling is 12 years old then the parents should get hammered ab it harder.

There’s no way I would have ever run off and left one young child watching another and I do wonder what it is the parents had going on that would cause them to leave the kids at home…

I do have a bit of admiration for the kid’s chutzpah though.

1 Like

:joy:

CSA

Yeah, that’s a BIG 5 year old!

2 Likes

You got that right.

In the accompanying video, the big sister indicates that she is 11 years older than little brother, so 16 years old.

She should be old enough to be able to watch over the little brother, but…
CSA

Disciplining children has been outlawed in many states but then many parents want to be their kids’ buddy anyway.

Where did he say that? Punishment is determined by the courts.

1 Like

In this case…a hefty fine is in order. If it gets repeated then child endangerment laws might/should come in play. BTW - this isn’t new to many courts around this country. The ages may be different, but the courts have had to handle kids 13 and 14 takings parents car on a joyride. I grew up with a family that had to deal with back in the 60’s. One of their kids destroyed the family car along with 2 parked cars.

1 Like

Kids do stupid stuff, you can’t control everything. Counseling would be good, they have another 13 years of what next to worry about.

I have no idea of what the punishment should be . But I don’t think the child should have been allowed to take a ride in a Lamborghini that someone offered . All he is going to learn out of this that there are no consequences for misbehaving.

I agree that some form of punishment is in order, for no other reason than to try and lessen the chances of a repeat performance.

Monetary punishments hit some folks much harder than others and wouldn’t hit the boy very much at all.

I like some of these “creative” judges who come up with memorable punishments that leave an ever lasting impression without taking somebody’s grocery or mortgage money.

I’m not sure how far away the kid got before he was stopped, but perhaps an inconvenient officer supervised long walk back from there (or some point along the route) for all involved (parents, big sis, lil brother).

If the family started going off in the direction of declaring that “cruel and unusual punishment,” I’d say “Okay, no argument, then the fine will be $________ / _________. How’s that?” (fill in with a very large dollar amount or jail sentence).

I’ve seen situations where judges make people wear large signs and stand near high traffic areas in the neighborhood, signs that announce what kind of irresponsible behavior was demonstrated. It’s advertising by signage or jail.

CSA

Oh, here it is!
"The 5-year-old had only made it two or three miles, or about five minutes, from his home before he was pulled over, according to CNN.

A sibling was supposed to be watching him while his parents were away."

Perhaps a walk, one way or both, would be good. :wink:

How about a walk and sign carrying, both?
CSA