5 year-old boy stopped going to buy his dream car Lamborghini

He was caught driving his family’s Dodge Journey on his way to California with 3 bucks to buy a Lambo!
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

Yes it will. You punish the parents…they punish the kid.

The problem is that some parents will beat on the kids.
CSA

That’s a different situation that you handle separately.

So tell me…what do you if the kid killed someone or wrecked the car along with 5 parked cars.

That would be a whole nother situation, thank goodness that did not happen.

3 Likes

You want to be proactive - NOT - reactive. Reason DWI penalties are so high is to PREVENT what could happen. Hundreds of people every day are arrested for DWI with zero accidents. You punish the parents so they don’t allow it to happen again. And you inform the public so they get the notice what will happen if they allow it to happen. This could easily have been prevented.

2 Likes

He received a ride in someone’s Lamborghini after the driving incident plus getting his picture on national web sites . As I said he will not learn much from this.

1 Like

He received a ride in someone’s Lamborghini after the driving incident plus getting his picture on national web sites . As I said he will not learn much from this.

Agree it will only encourage him to do it again if not something worse.

1 Like

Sorry, I missed that somehow. I even reread the article, the link, and watched the video again. Too many birthday candles, perhaps? :grimacing: I will take your word on those items. :+1:
CSA

Fine them enough to ruin them financially. Make sure the debt is not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Publicize it widely. That’s a solid deterrent.

Laws vary from state to state. In some states, parents cannot be held responsible for the acts of a child under 7 because the courts have held that a child that age cannot have legal intent.

As far as the sisters responsibility, the boy was caught at 4:45am. Is it reasonable to think she should have stayed awake all night to watch him? If she did, who would watch him during the day?

1 Like

You guys are tough. You’d think he was going for a hair cut.

1 Like

Good one! :grin:
Besides… it’s Utah! Ever been to Utah?
CSA

Other types of laws come into play. A child gets a hold of daddy’s gun and plays with it and accidentally shoots and kills his friend…then parents can be held responsible for not putting the gun in a secure location. You own a gun and have young kids then that gun needs to be secure. Responsible parents do.

3 Likes

. You own a gun and have young kids then that gun needs to be secure. Responsible parents do.
[/quote]

Agree I have always had gun’s in the house when my daughter got old enough I taught her that they were not toy’s and how to shoot and take care of them the only time’s they were not used for shooting was when she and her friend’s were using them to practise ROTC drill’s with me wacthing and the gun’s unloaded.

Personally I’m not against guns. I don’t hunt and have no need for a gun. NH is considered one of the safest states and I live in one of the safest towns in one of the safest states.

But I do have many relatives in Central NY who hunt. One cousin hasn’t eaten cow meat in decades. He get’s enough deer meat every year. All my relatives who own guns have kids and they are anal about keeping those guns away from kids.

All my relatives that have young kids are anal about not letting them drive.

I have not hunted for year’s but do like to target shoot the way I was raised in a very rural area everyone had gun’s and for some that was the only way they had meat to eat was between hunting and fishing I still like to fish but I do the catch and release with not knowing what all chemical’s or whatever might be in the water now a day’s. As far as your relatives being anal about keeping gun’s away from kid’s but I do keep them away from kid’s but am not anal about it Another of my pet peeve’s is the people who are anal about gun safety who say unload the gun and lock the gun in one place and ta ammo in another place to me that is the same as parking you car at night and taking all the gas out and locking the car in the garage and the gas in another place to keep someone from stealing the car when you need either one in a hurry you are up the creek.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been there. Been most everywhere I care to go to.

I have gone target shooting…but you can rent guns there.

1 Like

Flag police? Relevance? My dad’s guns were just in the closet all the time with ammo. No one ever “played” with them nor did anyone ever shoot anyone. Of course we hunted together since I could walk so a gun was not a mysterious thing and certainly not to be played with. Back to cars and how amazing it is that a 5 year old could pull this off. Long way from Utah to California without a map though. Anyone wonder though how a sister could be in California and another one in Utah? I knew a kid once that had so many siblings that he had a brother that he never met. Bye.