2021 Hyundai Tucson- Collision avoidance makes me unhappy

collision avodance system

My Crystal ball says… yes you have it. :wink: :laughing:

Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist Explained | Hyundai - YouTube

1 Like

Is it taking some action (like applying brakes) when it shouldn’t? Or is its dashboard warning light turning on for no apparent reason?

My crystal ball says you need to seriously evaluate your driving style. Or have a knowledgeable driving instructor evaluate your style.

The systems are not designed to be intrusive if you are driving properly.

4 Likes

That’s true. Being a bad driver does not make you a bad person.
But, drive less often, for our sake.

1 Like

Posts that don’t contain useful information make me unhappy.

3 Likes

I find most people that are “unhappy with collision avoidance systems” typically tailgate and do not slow down enough to accommodate traffic that is turning. Often they are also going onto the shoulder to avoid turning vehicles, which is illegal in many states and often interpreted by driver assistance technologies as some sort of combination of lane drift and possible collision.

The answer to make those “annoying” tech nannies stop barking at you is typically to slow down, leave plenty of space in front of you, and not depart your lane unless it is legal and required. I have had one collision avoidance intervention in five years of driving with it, but I have definitely modified my driving style for the better (and safer).

5 Likes

IT WON’T LET ME TAILGATE AND INTIMIDATE PEOPLE!!!

:wink: :wink:

2 Likes

If the collision avoidance makes you unhappy, just start off and ram what ever is in front of you. Would that make you happy?

2 Likes