2020 Honda CR-V - Paint sealant

buying new Honda CR-V is it worth the price to have paint sealant down cost $749.00

No it is not .

3 Likes

Never ever pay for paint sealant. I fell for that once. They just used a regular liquid wax on the car. Now they would probably use a spray on ā€˜instant detailerā€™ product.

3 Likes

There is no way to seal modern clearcoat. Keep the money.

2 Likes

I used Meguireā€™s Synthetic Sealant #21 for the first time this year and am very happy with it. I followed with a coat of wax. Good protection and outstanding shine. I would wait a few months but in the Fall, hit it with the clay bar first. Youā€™d be surprised how much smoother the finish will be. Then do the sealant and a coat of wax for winter. There is also the consumer grade of the same stuff and there are other brands that Iā€™m not familiar with so couldnā€™t say how they work.

Anniedeg:
Like the others have stated, definitely say ā€œNoā€.

For the $749.00 theyā€™re asking, they will pay an entry level tech $20 for an hour to apply a wax with a special sounding name.

The dealer will give you all kinds of reasons why your paint needs their special sealant. All of that heavy pressure sales talk translates to ā€œitā€™s a very sweet profit for themā€.

$749 for wax? No thanks.

Tell them you do not want the car at all since the new paint sucks and see how that goes.

Mr. Sanders is correct. Itā€™s wax and a very thin wax at that. A trip through the car wash and that 749 dollars will be washed down the drain.

I have mentioned in the past about a dealer I worked for getting behind one Friday on things like this and offered us mechanics a chance to pick up some easy money after closing time with ā€œPaint Protectionā€
The wax was like 6 bucks and we got paid 1 hour flat rate for doing something that took 15 minutes. Knocked out 4 cars in an hour so the pay for doing it was great. Not so great for the customer unless they drew a line in the sand and said forget it.

1 Like

For $749.00, Iā€™m going to apply to the body of your car something you canā€™t see, feel, hear, smell, or taste,.

We gotta deal?

Tester