2019 Hyundai Ioniq - Oil consumption

Our 2019 Hyundai Ionic is using more than 1 quart of oil less than 1000 miles at 35,000 miles and the problem is a year old. Dealer says it’s normal. I call BS. I’ve been on this planet 65 years and owned a ton of vehicles that didn’t use this kind of oil.

Elevate to corporate level, instructions are in your owners manual.
What does your owners manual say about oil usage?

2 Likes

I found a TSB for Kia that indicates only more than a quart in 1k is considered a problem so it probably applies to Hyundai too and that might mean you’re out of luck. OTOH, I presume your Ioniq is a hybrid and I’d expect lower oil consumption than a regular vehicle. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10189272-0001.pdf

There is nothing normal about using up all the oil in the car between oil changes and anyone in the auto industry knows that. Good luck getting help.

This tells me that the OP does have a problem that should be fixed. Elevate it. You may have to do a consumption test.

2 Likes

What kind of oil change regimen is involved; as to time, miles, enviro conditions, type of oil,etc?

Couple of bigger questions.
How was this oil consumption detected? Told it about the oil level being low during a service or what?
How often do you raise the hood to actually check the oil level?

5 Likes