2019 Dodge Durango - WIFI SNAFU

Ive had my veh for 3 years now and still can’t get WiFi hotspot. Does anyone have a solution?

You probably have to enable WiFi mode on your truck’s electronics package. How that’s done w/ your vehicle, no idea. It’s part of the “Settings” menu on my cell phone, if that’s of any help. When I select WIFI, I’m presented with a list of current WIFI hot spots that my phone is close enough to use. But most of them are private, & require a password, so are of no use. Look carefully at the list. If you’ see one that doesn’t require a password, that’s a public WIFI and you should be able to use it. Also ask folks w/cell phones to double check there’s an active WIFI zone in the area before trying. For security & unwanted glitch reasons, it is generally best to keep WIFI mode “off” until you are actually want to use it. It’s possible your WIFI is on and working, but you don’t know. Try starting your web browser (Chrome, etc), if you see live web pages appear, the WIFI is already on.

Unless you are paying for Wifi service in your car… you won’t HAVE a Wifi hotspot. Are you paying for this service?

2 Likes

The solution is to bring it to the dealer while it’s under warranty and have them fix it. Did you try that?

3 Likes

Do you have the owner’s manual? There should be a procedure to set up a WiFi hotspot.

1 Like

[quote=“jtsanders, post:5, topic:191699”]
Do you have the owner’s manual?

Do you realy beleive someone would actualy read the manual instead of asking us or google? :grinning:

3 Likes

You have to purchase monthly plan to enable it.

Not disputing what you say, but I’m able to use my cell-phone’s WIFI without paying any monthly fees. If I want to be able to make phone calls using the cell phone network, I’d have to pay a monthly fee for that service. But just to use WIFI, no fees involved. Maybe the same thing applies to OP’s Durango.

No, just no. You use you phone’s wifi because you paid for a cell and data plan on your phone or because you are surfing on a free wifi spot. Very hard to stay connected to free wifi while rolling down the road.

Modern (less than 20 year old cars) only have wifi connections if they are connected via a cell data plan… which is not free.

I can create a mobile hotspot with my cell phone but I am paying for that connection.

You rely on hotspots provided by other people, the OP can’t do that in a moving vehicle, they must pay for a dedicated connection.

Too many people expect auto mechanics to show them how to operate vehicle features.

Is OP attempting to make his Durango a WIFI hot spot for other people (like passengers in his car) to use? I thought OP was trying to connect his Durango’s WIFI to an existing free hot spot.

I’ve never paid a monthly fee for my cell phone. The phone was gifted to me by a friend who at one time used it in the monthly fee mode, but later decided to buy a newer phone & plan, so had no use for this one. It’s actually pretty amazing how much computing power and other functionality it has, given it had no valve to its original owner. I think it has 8 Gbytes of memory. My first job as a computer programmer, that computer had 0.1 Mbytes … lol …

Make it a separate line item on your bill. You’re time, they pay.

There might be a free trial. Many manufacturers do that.

For four years?? I think a 2019 is well beyond any free trial period.

2 Likes

It seems pretty likely that the trial hasn’t been activated yet.

Note text…3 month free trial… and…Within the first year of ownership.