2018 Dodge Durango - Signal out message

2018 Durango the message center on the dash says my left rear turn signal is out. All lights work on the left side, blinker flashes faster than the right side I REPLACED the left rear turn signal housing with another one- same problem. Tried the four-way on and they all flash normal. All the bulbs on the outside light up. Any ideas what to try next???

I keep seeing these… Don’t know if this is what is happening or not but you might check into it…

Class Action Says Defect Is to Blame. A proposed class action alleges the rear LED “racetrack light” of 2014-2023 model year Dodge Durangos is defective in that it allows water to leak into and flood the entire taillight assembly, damaging essential electrical components.3 days ago

Water in Your Dodge Durango Racetrack Taillights? Class Action Says Defect Is to Blame.

1 Like

You replaced the housing, so try replacing the applicable left-rear bulb too. The contacts could be a little oxidized and the computer is thinking the bulb’s resistance is too high. Use the exact bulb spec’d for the truck. Did you replace any bulbs shortly before this problem started? At night, in the dark, does the left-rear blinker seem a little brighter or dimmer than the right?

This vehicle uses LEDs for the rear turn signals, which is why the OP replaced the entire assembly.

1 Like