2017 Malibu blind spot warning system not working, settings option Collision/detection is missing?

Signal lights on mirrors not working, blind spot warning system not working, and the collision/detection settings are missing. Tried checking fuses but not luck any idea? Thanks

You have gone thru menu in past and seen these settings and adjusted them on/off? Or, realized system wasn’t working and then investigated? You sure you have them?
I’d go to dealer and have them check it.

2 Likes

I just bought the vehicle, all the equipment is installed and mirrors have all the the lights for it. I’m not sure if it was there before. The turn signal lights on mirrors not powering on either

It’s possible that the mirrors are not original to the vehicle. If you can find the RPO sticker, I can look up the option codes for your vehicle and verify that it was built with the feature. The sticker is usually where the spare tire would be, and has the VIN number and many 3 character codes.

Did you not drive this before you bought it ? Those features are an option package so look in the owners manual to see how to activate them if you actually have them .

Possible I’ll get that to ya thanks

1 Like

I received it from family member and they didn’t know much about it and never got it fixed

Inspect front grill area carefully, sometimes sensors there get damaged as result of minor bump into a poll etc. Also Check the area on the windshield, inside/outside, near the rear view mirror. Notice anything unusual?

1 Like

I will check this out asap and let ya know what I find thanks so much everyone!

If the collision/detection systems and lane change alert are not shown in the settings menu, the vehicle does not have these options

1 Like

Uploading: A9BF7784-6A0B-43C8-8FEA-7DC2B03F580C.jpeg…
Uploading: 28796130-79AD-41AE-A893-A0313252DB83.jpeg…

1 Like

You have a LS model, which from what I see can not be equipped with BLIS, signal mirrors, or any of the advanced driver aids. They become optional on the next trim level up, the LT. Codes WPR or WPS are used for the packages containing those features.

2 Likes

Ok thanks so much I’m guessing mirrors have been replaced.

2 Likes