Blind spot warning

Any opinions on the 9/11 caller who test drove a Mazda 6 and a Honda Accord and almost had a lane-change collision in the Accord because it has no blind-spot warning system?

I think it is inexcusable! Why didn’t Click & Clack take the opportunity to discuss proper mirror adjustment and caution when changing lanes? Why have people become so bone-headed that they need blind-spot warning systems to drive without running into other cars?

Why are we forced to pay for Anti-lock Brake systems, Vehicle Stability Control systems, and Tire Pressure Monitoring systems on new vehicles? It’s because of the 2% rule. 2% of the people are complete idiots or morons where they don’t know how to drive a vehicle correctly for the driving conditions, or don’t have the common sense to check their tire pressures as normal maintenance. So in an effort to protect this 2% of the population, the government demanded vehicle makers install these systems. So now we’ve protected this 2% of the population but at everyone elses expense.

Tester

My warning sytsem has always been look over your shoulder to make sure the lane is clear, is that system no longer functional? I do like the rectangular blind spot mirrors also.

If anything, I think the BSM on my car can be TOO sensitive. Too often I’ll be driving along, even down my street, or a two lane highway, and I’ll see the BSM light up on my mirror.
The way I set up my rear view mirror and exteriors I usually see the car come into view on my side mirrors just as they’re leaving my rear view mirror. I’ve also noticed a car in the side mirror BEFORE the BSM lights up as well.