2017 Chevrolet Cruze - 61 tire pressure

Is 61 tire pressure safe

it is way too high. check what your tire pressure should be. you can find the info usually on a tag on the driver’s door jamb.

2 Likes

How about a little more to your post ? Are the tires at 61 psi now ? Did someone do that or tell you that that is what it should be ? Or are you thinking the maximum number on the tire wall is what you go by ? As for safe - absolutely not.

4 Likes

I just pumped up the stupid spare tire (compact) in my car to the required 60 psi. Of course, the regular tires on a car are not nearly that high.
I learned the hard way that the compact spare hidden in hour trunk should have the air pressure checked more frequently than after 15 years. (It was down to 20, which I had to drive on for one block.

2 Likes

On your donut spare tire? What does it say is the correct inflation?

I still wish they would put the valve stem up to make it easier to check spare pressure :frowning:

6 Likes

The compact spare tire on all my cars equipped with one all called for 60 psi. 61 is close enough.

6 Likes

On our 2016 Honda CR-V the spare is also monitored by the low tire pressure warning system and it can make you crazy trying to fix things when the warning shows up.

I guess this one and done person will never tell us if they are asking about the temporary spare or the four vehicle tires .

6 Likes

Without clarification from the OP as usual.

The space saver spares, like bicycle tires, are usually inflated to 60 psi. Check the info on the tire with a flash light and magnifying glass depending on your age. Normal tires on the car are inflated usually to between 30-35 psi. Check the label on the car door. Check tires cold regardless of the outdoor temperature. Bye.

Oh yeah, if you have a tire at 60 psi and it blows, it will make a big racket like a shot gun. How do I know? Blew two bicycle tires. Neighbor thought someone shot me.

1 Like

I inflate mine to 66 PSI or so. I can always let out some air if it’s still too high when it’s actually put on.

1 Like