2016 Lincoln MKX - Wobbles

MKX 2016 Wobbles. We call it Rollie Pollie. It rocks going over bumps i nthe road and around corners. very annoying

1 Like

If you bought it new, what did they say when you had it checked under the 36/36000 warranty?
If it did this on the test drive, why buy it?
If this is a new problem, have you had the vehicle diagnosed?
Modern vehicles do not wobble unless there is a problem.

1 Like

OK , this is not normal . You make this post - you don’t say how long this has been happening - you don’t say what you have done to solve it - so what do you expect people to do to help you ?

3 Likes

Have the shocks/struts checked out and replaced as needed.

I bought it used From OFF LEASE ONLY. with 14,000 miles… When we noticed the unusual rocking we brought it a dealer to check it out as the warranty was still in effect. They could not find anything wrong. A week later we took it to another dealer and left it for 3 days. Again nothing found to be wrong. My wife has an upper back thoracic problem and cannot ride it it without pain…

I bought it used From OFF LEASE ONLY. with 14,000 miles… When we noticed the unusual rocking we brought it a dealer to check it out as the warranty was still in effect. They could not find anything wrong. A week later we took it to another dealer and left it for 3 days. Again nothing found to be wrong. My wife has an upper back thoracic problem and cannot ride it it without pain…

Does your Lincoln have the “Lincoln Drive Control” ?

If it does you can change the ride between Comfort, Normal or Sport modes.

All this info is in your owners manual.

Capture

1 Like

It is set to comfort

Have you tried either of the other settings?
BTW, you do not need to reply to each individual, we see all the comments.

1 Like

Then the logical thing is to replace the vehicle with something she can ride in . What did you have before that she could ride in ?

We had a Lincoln MKS Annd it was fine. Made the swap because neede a vehicle that could be towed 4 wheels down behind a Motor Home

I think a rocking motion would be more noticeable in a Motor home than a normal vehicle that 2 dealers could not find anything wrong.

What Motorhome rocking? It is the car that rocks when driven Not towed!

Doesn’t your motor home rock when towing the Lincoln?
Why haven’t you tied the other ride options for the Lincoln?
The dealerships found nothing wrong because the problem is the driver choosing the wrong ride setting.

2 Likes

The motorhome has nothing to do with the rocking. It was rocking before being towed by the motorhome. It is set for COMFORT. tried all the others settings.

Okay, let’s try this another way.
The Lincoln rocks in sport mode?
Forget about the Lincoln for a second, your motor home does not rock when driven, handles like a Miata?

Rocks in all modes. Motor home does not rock on good roads. Handles like Miata. Very smooth.

My issue is not with the motorhome. I was asked why I bought the vehicle is because it tows 4 down…has nothing to do with th Motorhome.

Well, the only recourse is to trade it in. Take an extended test drive with your wife prior to purchase of the next vehicle.

1 Like

Rocks? Or wobbles?