2016 Lincoln MKX - Wobbles

Before going to that extreme immediately, I would suggest that the OP have an independent mechanic check the anti-sway bar(s). When one friend’s Explorer, and another friend’s Pathfinder, both displayed that type of behavior, it turned out that the anti-sway bar and/or its links was either broken or disconnected.

Does the car have sway bars?

Rocks…when you make a quick small move on the steering wheel on straight away …it rocks or when making a turn. Also when going through a parking lot and it is bumpy it rocks more than should be normal.

Did you not notice this on the test drive ? Motor Home handles like a Miata ? Doubtful .

1 Like

My wife did but I didn’t think it was anything. Should have listened to her.
MotorCoach is a 38 ft Tiffin drives like a dream…Can almost drive hands free going down the highway at 60…

Does it feel different in each of the three modes?

Yes, one in front and one in back.

Each has their own description. You turn and suv leans left/right? I would say describing that as wobble is not correct. I interpret a wobble as a wheel vibration. Some might say rocking is front/rear? Like a rocking chair? Hence the term rocking. I also cannot see a left/right swaying motion in a low speed parking lot. Though I drive <15 mph in a parking lot. Maybe you drive faster?

It is a rocking not a wobble. Side to side and sometimes excessive even at very slow speeds in parking lots

Hopefully not, but I would be willing to bet a cup of coffee that it has at least one anti-sway bar.
:wink:

1 Like

I experience the same thing! Dealer said they couldn’t find anything - of course not.
My issue is the side to side movement when going over any bumps. Doesn’t track tight at all.

Your car is nearly six years old, why didn’t you get it corrected while under the bumper to bumper warranty?

1 Like

Have you had the tires rotated? Any effect?