2016 Hyundai Tucson -Lease buyout worth it?

Am considering lease buyout on 2016 Tuscon. At 40,000 miles, no issues. Anyone with different experience?
Thanks.

Simple answer - is your buyout amount less than what a used Tucson like the one you have and do you really want the vehicle.

Much depends on the engine in your Tucson, if it is the 2.0 liter engine it is in the “Theta II” engine family that has had many engine failures and some fires. I wouldn’t consider purchasing a used Hyundai with one of those engines but perhaps the answer is simple if you don’t care about reliability.

Sorry, no. In the Owners Manual it specifies the 2.0 is a “Nu” engine, which has been trouble free (knock wood) in my 2017 Tucson.

2016 was the first year of a new generation of Tucsons. CR’s survey says it is much worse than average for overall reliability. The engines are much better than average. The worse- or much-worse- systems are Transmission, Minor; Drive System; Climate System; and Power Equipment.

We have a much worse than average reliability 2007 Chrysler Town and Country. I do most of the maintenance and repairs and we have been happy with it except for the rust. Remember, by definition, about half the cars are below average in reliability.

Yes, I have a different experience. I have never considered a lease buyout on a 2016 Tucson.