2016 Hyundai Accent - Uses oil

say what . . . ?!

:confused:

1 Like

I once had a new F150 5.0 V8 that consumed a quart of oil every 2,000 miles. Imagine my shock when I checked the oil at the first 1,000 miles and found it a half quart low. So I drove it 2 years and traded with the same dealer for another new F150 5.0 V8. During the 2 years of ownership I decided to never change the oil or filter. Well actually I was changing the oil a quart at a time. At the end of the 2 years my math showed I had actually saved money when I compared the cost of the oil I added to the cost of an oil/filter change every 5,000 miles. New F150 has not consume any oil at 1,500 miles.

I don’t even know what to say except that this is a bad idea. I feel sorry for the second owner of your truck.

1 Like

FWIW, the third person singular for an individual of unknown gender is usually “he,” although “they” is sometimes used.

So for the cost on a couple of oil changes you voided the warranty on you new cars engine? I guess it is a good thing you traded it in.

2 Likes

I traded the vehicle back to the same dealer and told the same salesman, in the spirit of full disclosure, it was consuming oil at the rate of a quart every 2,000 miles and all I ever did was add oil. He just waved off the info. Other than the oil consumption it was a prefect vehicle with only 24,000 miles and one year left on the warranty. I considered it a Ford problem and I was looking out for myself, as most people do.