2016 Hyundai Accent - engine quit at night

Going 60 mph at night car engine quit and headlights went off leaving me in pitch black with no power steering and no power brakes.Scary and dangerous. The air bag lite was on. I later restarted the car and the lights came back on. The air bag lite is now not on and car running OK.

Did the check engine light come on? If so, have the code read.

The check engine lite did not come on. The only lite was a red airbag lite which has not appeared again.

Check your battery cables and your main fuse. Something’s loose / broken, I’d bet. If you don’t find anything, battery posts can break internally and make intermittent contact.

Could be a problem with the ignition switch… though I’d think that would be unlikely on a 2016.

your car very well may be under the base warranty, so you might want to go through the dealer

5 yrs./60k powertrain to subsequent owners. Depending on mileage it may well still be under warranty.

Ask your shop to do this basic power system voltage test. Before first start of the day the battery should measure about 12.6 volts. Then immediately after starting the engine, 13.5-15.5 volts.