2016 Ford F-150 - Odometer added 80K miles

The odometer on my '16 F-150 went from 109,000 to 190,000 instead of 110,000! How do I fix that? I have proof of actual mileage

lol … that’s a new one! You’ll probably have to work w/a Ford Dealership to solve this. Be sure to ask if there’s a pertinent recall or customer interest bulletin.

You aren’t alone. A friend of mine dropped his cell phone and suddenly all of the text was mirror -reversed … lol …

Check to see if your odometer is reading kilometers now instead of miles.

5 Likes

Our fourth odometer post ever.

In my 55+ years of driving, I’ve never had a problematic odometer/speedometer. Oh oh, maybe I shouldn’t have said that ?? … .lol

These gadgets must be pretty robust.We need more of that sort of parts design in cars. Reminds me of that joke comedians tell: “If airplane black boxes will survive most any crash situation, why don’t they make the plane out of that same material?” … lol …

…and it has been many years since I replaced a speedometer cable for a customer (usually to satisfy a noise complaint). Cars have changed.

Indeed they have. Back in The Good Old Days of speedometer cables, my brother owned a '54 Ford, and he had to replace the cable in --I think–'63. Circa 1965, I was riding in a friend’s '63 Tempest when the speedo started making a lot of noise and the needle began oscillating–faster and faster–until finally the cable snapped and it went to zero.

I read about some vehicle where the mileage is kept in multiple modules. The cluster would permanently set itself to the module containing the highest mileage. If someone swapped in a junk yard module for a test it could be a problem.