2016 Cadillac ATS - Pothole damage

Hit a pot hole , at night, in the rain, at 45 mph. It was a strong hit and since then have had vibrations from the front at 35 to 45 mph, 65 to 75 mph. Cadillac Garage checked it out out and did a front steering alignment but it didn’t help. I remember sometime back in a CarTalk article in the newspaper you answered a similar problem but I don’t remember what it was. Maybe a small item that often gets overlooked ? Thanks for your help !

Dale , it is not known if Ray ever sees this site . But this should not be hard to solve. Any tire shop can see if you have a bent wheel or damaged tire . You could also move tire front to rear and see if that makes a difference . Did they not balance the tires ( all 4 ) ?

VOLVO V70----

In a message dated 5/18/2020 2:30:54 PM Pacific Standard Time, cartalk@discoursemail.com writes:

Your car has a bent wheel, did you tell the service writer that your car has a vibration or did you ask them to perform a wheel alignment?

3 Likes

Agree… bent wheel. Have the wheel spun up on a balancer. It will be obvious

Bent wheel or damaged tire.

Tester

In a message dated 5/18/2020 3:49:47 PM Pacific Standard Time, cartalk@discoursemail.com writes:

Dale,

None of your responses are appearing, they are all blank.

1 Like

In a message dated 5/18/2020 3:47:11 PM Pacific Standard Time, cartalk@discoursemail.com writes:

None of your messages/replies are appearing, they are all blank.

Still blank, Dale…

In a message dated 5/18/2020 3:40:45 PM Pacific Standard Time, cartalk@discoursemail.com writes:

Dale, please just hit the red reply button under the last response. Then your responses can be seen by all of us.

2 Likes

He is trying to reply by email . Of course I don’t understand why . I get enough stuff by email and certainly don’t need anymore.

1 Like

Yes, I see that. But we can not open the email from this site.
The email option, IMHO, should be eliminated.

1 Like

Purebred—Some additional things I should have mentioned. 4 new tires were put on the wheels and the wheels balanced and rotated front to back. In a test drive I still felt vibrations from the front at speeds between

35 to 45 mph and 65 to 75 mph. Cadillac did not fix it so I am looking for another garage to give it a try.

In a message dated 5/19/2020 5:41:32 AM Pacific Standard Time, cartalk@discoursemail.com writes:

Yippie, one of Dales replies finally posted, and we can see what he said.

In a message dated 5/18/2020 6:00:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, cartalk@discoursemail.com writes:

And we can’t see Dales replies again.

1 Like

Dale, please post your replies here, we can’t see what you are saying.