2015 Kia Soul - Oil going away

I am having the same issue with my 2015 Soul+ 2.0.For a few months now oil just goes low. I don’t know where it’s going. I have no leaks and the car doesn’t smoke. We have our oil changed every 3-5 thousand miles, but we still have to add on an average about 2 quarts every thousand miles. I am also losing gas mileage now and my car bogs down and doesn’t want to change gears when you are going up an inclines. I defiantly can’t pass on a hill. I have called Kia customer service. No help. I took it to a dealership that just said"I topped off your oil it was low and bring it back in a thousand miles for to take a look" I don’t think it will last another thousand miles. I makes strange sounds when you try to give it gas to go up an incline. I only have about 109,000 thousand miles on it.

If there is another dealer near you, I would try them. At 109,000 miles are you out of warranty? You may be out of luck. Which makes the rest of my suggestions moot. That definitely qualifies as excessive oil usage. I would check and add oil at least daily until resolved.
Having said that:
Did you get a written report when you took it in?
Is the CEL on?
Keep all documentation.
Keep after them, use certified mail to elevate your complaint to Kia, check owners manual for correct process. Be nice and factual in your letters.

1 Like

That is not surprising , customer service can’t diagnose a vehicle over the phone. You should have some codes and if you are in the US most Auto Zone stores will read them for free. Also the dealer is going to expect to be paid to diagnose your out of warranty vehicle. Or you could just use a independent shop if you are not able to repair this vehicle yourself.