2015 Honda Crosstour lugs

I would have thought so, but RockAuto lists different studs for the front vs. rear of the Accord, but the same studs all around for the Crosstour (the ones for the front of the Accord). Odd.

ā€œShortlyā€?
This vehicle is now 8 years old, and several ham-handed people could have overtightened the lug nuts over that period of time.

4 Likes

That is True

Yep just seems they were better metal back in the 60ā€™s or so

I was thinking back in the 60 70ā€™s

This isnā€™t the 60ā€™s/70ā€™s.

Tester

Yep

Not sure how to ask anyone that touches the tire lugs

What is your air wrench set at

And when was it tested last ??

Just thought I would ask the question

Great answers

I donā€™t use an air wrench.

I use a battery operated impact gun.

There is no setting on the battery operated impact gun.

Thereā€™s no reason to have the battery operated impact gun tested.

I use the impact gun to quickly run down the lug nuts, but not tighten them.

I then follow up with the torque wrench, and tighten the lug nuts to manufacturerā€™s specifications.

Tester

4 Likes

Regrettably, for sure!

tex:

Well, I donā€™t know what Rock Auto is on about, and they seem trustworthy to me, but I just went out and successfully switched two lugnuts from front to rear on my 2010 Accord.

Personally I wouldnā€™t trust anything I hear or read on line as far as I could throw it.

Itā€™s the studs they list as different. Maybe different where they attach? Or just an error in the listing.

The difference between front and rear wheel studs, at least in modern vehicles (exceptions to every rule), is the thickness of the hub and rotor and or drum hat thicknessā€¦ So typically front are longer than rear wheel studs, the knurl may be different also depending on the thickness of the hubā€¦ Lug nuts are the same front to rearā€¦ Again exceptions to every ruleā€¦

4 Likes

I was at the local gm dealership and the service advisor was telling the guy to go to a parts store etc. because the 2 piece lugnuts were $35 each. can anyone clarify?

1 Like

Probably much less expensive at the parts store compared to the dealership parts counter.

I didn;'t even know you could replace the studs individually. I always thought they were welded to the wheel hub.

I also donā€™t see what the issue is here if they needed to replace just one then just replace that, why replace all 5 and do more work.

The issue is that once you get to the point where you can replace the stud, it isnā€™t much work to replace them all, but it is a lot of work to get to that point. Doing it a second time can be quite a pain, and if you are paying someone else to do it ā€¦

5 Likes

Yes, they are that expensive.

For $35 you can buy and entire set of one piece chrome lugnuts and never have the problem again.

Exactly. Also, thereā€™s the possibility that whatever led to that first stud breaking, like overuse of an impact wrench, could well have happened to the other 4.

3 Likes

Because if Iā€™m going to remove the brake caliper, pads, mounting bracket, rotor, and possibly a dust shield, I might as well spend another 2 minutes replacing all the studs on that hub and start fresh.

2 Likes

Yes the OEM honda lugnuts are very expensive. I needed four and the parts guy gave it to me lol.

I think they run $20 each.