2015 Chevrolet Equinox - Stabilitrack warning

abs …service stabilitrack light

Well, you are likely due for your second brake fluid flush, have it serviced at the same time.

1 Like

My 07 has stabilitrak warning too. 2-3 days. No light. Downhill braking and turning makes it come on, sometimes. Guess gm never has figured it out.

1 Like

Seems pretty clear that it needs service it. Get on that.

1 Like

You did not ask a question . It seems pretty clear that you need to service something that is causing that message .

2 Likes

If the ABS light is on, the stabilitrack light will also turn on.

The stabilitrack system uses the ABS to function.

Tester

1 Like

No, I have a clue about the system but you posted FOUR words with no other info about the vehicle. Not even a question. What is your question?

4 Likes

it comes on it gose offf been off for two days now so what do ya think??

In a message dated 12/4/2022 7:18:12 PM Eastern Standard Time, notifications@cartalk.discoursemail.com writes:

yes sir i know but it comes on and it gose off been off for two days now im clueless as to what its problem is

In a message dated 12/4/2022 7:18:12 PM Eastern Standard Time, notifications@cartalk.discoursemail.com writes:

again its on then its off been off for two days now so im clueless as to whats up with it

In a message dated 12/4/2022 7:17:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, notifications@cartalk.discoursemail.com writes:

lol we dont have hills here but thanks for your input all is welcome

In a message dated 12/4/2022 6:37:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, notifications@cartalk.discoursemail.com writes:

It is possibly a bad or dirty wheel speed sensor.

Chevy Service StabiliTrak Warning Message (youcanic.com)

PIC5428G Chevrolet Technical Service Bulletin (tsbsearch.com)

1 Like

You need to have the error codes checked to see what is stored. This takes more than a cheap code reader or one the auto parts store uses.

If you also are getting an ABS light at the same time, I’d suspect a wheel speed sensor but if not I’d suspect a steering sensor. There are 4 wheel speed sensors, one steering sensor and an accelerometer sensor. Any one of them could cause an intermittant problem. There are 6 or 8 hydraulic valves that could be sticking. But the error codes will help direct you to the source.

1 Like

That’s why we have these people called “automotive technicians”. And a lot of them are actually pretty good figuring out these problems that have us mere mortals baffled. Maybe you should try one.

2 Likes

My code said RF speed sensor circuit. Changed wheel bearing and no success. Still get stabilitrak warning every 3-4 days. Some days I get no error. Some days I do. A person might change harness going to RF wheel. As it’s 24” long and easy to change.