2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Leaks

I purchased my 2014 Evoque in 2019. The car’s maintenance records confirm it has always been serviced by Land Rover since it was new. After about 11 months of owning the car, my windshield began leaking across the entire front top from the drivers side to the passenger’s side. After doing some research, I see this is a known problem with Land Rover. However, my car if out of warranty and the VIN is not covered on the recall. My local dealership, where I have also had it serviced, is unwilling to help. Is anyone having this same issue?

Susie , it does not matter if anyone else has this problem . You do and you are out of warranty so start calling auto glass shops . Tell them your problem and see if they have an answer . It could be as simple as replacing the windshield and sealing it properly.

4 Likes

Hi Susie,

I know this post is old but i’m hoping you are still picking up emails from this site.

I have experienced the same problem a couple of days ago with my 5 year old Evoque. The windscreen seal failed (where the roof meets the windscreen) without warning in torrential rain and flooded the car. There is water in the electrics so car won’t drive and there is water in the footwell…same as you RR wont help as its out of warranty, however it would seem that there are many many people who have experienced the exact same problem, namely the seal failing, indicating that this is not simply ‘wear and tear’.

I believe it does matter if other people are experiencing the same. I didn’t buy a new car for it to be written off after 5 years (especially when RR know there is a fault but have yet to put out a recall).

If by any chance you do read this, i’d love to hear how you resolved the issue.

You should post this on a RR forum to get more responses.

1 Like

Try Googling this TSB number, problematic A-pillar seal.

LTB01002NAS2

1 Like