2014 Hyundai Equus - Is there a recall?

Has Hyundai decided to recall the Equus due to leather lifting up on dashboard? It is a shame such a nice vehicle with this poor workmanship and this being one of Hyundai’s flagship cars.

Ten year old car! Highly unlikely. Recalls are generally issued for safety or emission related problems.

1 Like

You can do some google searches for any help from Hyundai and or call Hyundai corp, but sadly even the flagship Hyundai is still a Hyundai…

I will amplify that by stating that I’ve never heard of a recall for a leather-related problem.

With a luxury vehicle (especially one where the mfr is trying to establish a positive image), it is possible that a polite phone call to the mfr’s customer service line might yield some financial assistance, but with a 10 year old car–of any make–I don’t think it’s likely.

If the OP wants to check for recalls, here is the official NHTSA website for that purpose:

1 Like

A recall for that seems pretty unlikely on a 2014, but no harm to click VDC’s link above, or ask at a dealership. In some cases the manufacture won’t issue a recall, but will still issue a customer service bulletin for known manufacturing quality problems even on older cars. Worse case, a good body shop should be happy to give you a quote. They might be able to find one in good condition at an auto recycler, or there may be aftermarket parts available for fixing this problem.

1 Like

Search Hyundai/Genisis discussions to see if anyone else has this problem, and if they’ve gotten any relief from the dealers.

1 Like

Carcomplaints.com shows that there is one complaint at NHTSA.gov for your problem. It appears that this is not a widespread problem and you should not be surprised if Hyundai isn’t paying anything for the repair. You might ask at a dealership if there is any relief from Hyundai.