2014 GMC Terrain - Paint peeling

My paint is peeling on the hood right beside the silver accent cover.

Thanks for letting us know.

If you have a question, please ask.

2 Likes

It could still be under warranty.Look at your warranty info in your owners manual.Send us a picture of your damage.

Tried covering it but it spreads. I’ve seen several other Terrain in the same range with the same issue.

It’s not just Terrains. Everything in the inventory make from A to Z can suffer from peeling paint, clear coat, etc.

1 Like

It seems a lot more common with white vehicles. If you try to spray paint it yourself, clean well, may isopropyl alcohol, then punch a small hole in some paper or cardboard to spray the spot a little at a time to prevent overspray Masking tape on anything not white nearby.

I haven’t found anything that works to keep it from spreading. Chevy/GMC had several years where their paint jobs (particularly white,) are crap, and start peeling off after several years. I have a 2001 Chevy van, and a 2010 Chevy van that are peeling like crazy.

Paint appearance will stay better longer if the vehicle is parked out of direct sunlight as much as possible, the surface is kept clean by a least a hosing off once a week, and the surface is thoroughly washed and waxed a couple time a year. If OP is doing all that already, not much else can be done other than just living with it, and hiring a paint shop to repair the faulty areas from time to time.

That particular spot looks like it might get a lot of wind rushing around that area, and may be why the paint is peeling there and not elsewhere.