2013 Hyundai Equus - Self-hazard alert

The hazard lights turn on by themselves when the car is being driven down the highway or if it’s parked with the ignition off.

The relay that controls the hazard flashers could be bad. Those relays will sometimes act up after a jump start. A failing body control module is another possibility but let’s put a pin in that for now. A good mechanic who knows Hyundais will be able to determine if the relay is faulty.

Before you go to a lot of trouble, be sure to check the obvious! It has to be that the blinker fluid is low. You can find out on YouTube how to do it.

1 Like

1 Like

Or the hazard light switch

There is no relay for the hazard lights.

The BCM controls the function of the hazard lights.

Tester

1 Like

That’s not blinker fluid!

This is the original blinker fluid.

Tester

3 Likes

Is Dave guessing again ?

[quote="Tester, post 7
This is the original blinker fluid.

I think oldbutnotdeadyet is using aftermarket fluid not OEM fluid.

1 Like

Is Volvo trolling again? I suppose I could have given a nasty, unhelpful response or one about “blinker fluid” but I didn’t. A visit to a Hyundai forum indicated that the hazard flashers were controlled by a relay and I had no reason to doubt the information. What constructive advice do you have? Oh, that’s right, none as usual.

Hey, guys. It is time to remember that this forum is for fun and education and help. Lighten up! I have learned so much here.

3 Likes

I thought the Blinker Fluid was amusing but apparently but I guess some did not .

Just click on the “V” in a blue circle, then click on the bigger “V” in a blue circle, then click on the “normal” button, then click on “ignored”.
Problem solved.

Is it just me? I do not think turn signals should be called Blinkers.
Hazard lights are blinkers. :grin:
Turn signals are winkers. :wink:

Unfortunately using the “ignore” function is equivalent to putting tape over your check engine light. :wink:

I think it’s more like putting tape over the glaring headlights of the bro-truck behind you.

1 Like