2012 Ford Escape difficulty starting after recall part replacement

ford
escape

Fuel delivery module flange replaced in June, 2018 - a recall part replacement. Immediately started having problems with long cranking times and fearful that it won’t start. Worried about driving it out of town. 2012 Ford Escape with 50,000 miles

That’s part of the fuel pump ass’y I presume. Long cranking times can be due to the fuel pump check valve not holding pressure. This allows the fuel to leak from the fuel rail back into the tank when the engine is off.Next time you try to start the car, it takes some time before the pump is able to re-deliver the fuel to the fuel rail. I suspect you have something wrong with the check valve function now. An external fuel leak could cause this symptom too, so good idea to get it at least inspected right away. Especially if you notice anything dripping under the gas tank area, or if you smell a gasoline odor. I expect it is just the check valve though, which doesn’t result in an external leak. A fuel pressure test at the fuel rail would confirm or disprove this theory.

Next time you try starting use this procedure. Be sure that it has sat non-running for awhile.

Turn the key to the “On” position , but not all the way to the “Start” Position, then turn the key to “Off”.
Do this 6-8 times, then try to start the engine.

If it starts…the check valve at the fuel pump is allowing the fuel to drain back into the tank as @George_San_Jose1 mentioned.

Yosemite

Get it back to the mechanic who did the work. They should figure it out, probably at no charge.

Yes, I have my 3rd apt coming up next week. Thanks for your help.