2008 Honda Fit Manual Transmission Problem

I’m the original owner of a 2008 Honda Fit Sport, Manual Transmission it has 134k miles original clutch. It feels like the transmission is slipping between 2,000 and 2,5000 RPM in 3rd,4th and 5th gear. If I set it in cruise control with the RPM’s between 2k~2.5k the car runs smooth and normal, but if I disengage the cruise control and accelerate, the transmission feels like it’s slipping between 2k~2.5k RPM. Once it goes above 2,500 RPM the car accelerates normally.

So is this the transmission, the clutch or the engine? The car has been running fine and it suddenly started doing on Friday, my initial thought was that it needed a new clutch, however, the clutch is engaging fine and the feel that the transmission is slipping only occurs in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear between 2k ~ 2.5k RPM

If the transmission is bad, how much does it cost to repair?

Unless I’m horribly wrong, manual transmissions do not slip. Either it is the clutch or the pressure plate that is causing the slippage. Only automatics will slip.

I suggest finding a quiet road with little traffic and a long hill that you can cruise up in 4th gear.
As you are going up the hill, watch the tachometer and half way up the hill …floor it. Watch the tachometer and if it jumps up in RPMs, but the car doesn’t accelerate or accelerates little…then you need a new clutch and pressure plate.

Ypsemite

Thanks Yosemite, I took the car to Pep Boys for a diagnosis, they stated that the engine mount and transmission mounts needed to be replaced and that the clutch master cylinder is starting to go. But overall they said the transmission and clutch are working fine. But I’m still wondering why the car only hesitates or vibrate on acceleration only between 2,000 ~ 2,500 rpm?

In an open parking lot, nothing in front of you, set the parking brake hard. Put the tranny in 4th gear and rev the engine a little and let the clutch out, like you were starting on a hill in 1st gear. Even with considerable throttle, the engine should quickly stall…If the engine does not stall until you let off the throttle, the clutch is shot and slipping…

If the vehicle needs engine and transmission mounts that could well be the cause of the vibration.

If this turns out that the engine/trans mounts are not the cause of the vibration then it could be an engine performance problem; possibly due to an air or vacuum leak or a MAF sensor issue.