2007 Honda Civic

I have a 2007 Honda Civic with about 46,000 miles on it. I purchased the car “certified used” about 1 1/1 years ago. For the past several months I’ve been experiencing a grinding/crunching noise when I apply the brake in reverse. I’ve taken it to a Honda dealer and they more or less told me that it sounds like something could have been wrong with the brakes. They ended up telling me they couldn’t find anything wrong and that my brakes are fine. I’ve called the dealer to see if they could look at it again, but now my car isn’t under warranty and they’ll charge me to look at it. Any idea what could be causing this noise? At this point in time it’s more annoying than anything - I’m afraid if I let it go it might end up hurting something in the long run. Thank you!

It’s tough to say without looking at it. It could be pad related, surface related, or…and too many people overlook this…it could be bad wheel bearings.

I’d suggest you find a reputable local independently owned and operated shop to take a close look.