2007 Honda Accord Sdn - Grabby brakes

The brakes on my 2007 accord grab when applied…The dealer said it’s inherent in the model year…There has to be a fix for this

You don’t need the dealer for this problem . I have a feeling they just don’t want to mess with this old car. Find an independent brake shop ( not one of the chain types ) and your problem should be fixable.

No idea why the brakes would grab on an 07 and not on an 06 or 09. Seems hard to believe. Did anything unusual occur just prior to noticing the brakes are grabbing? e.g. were the pads and/or rotors replaced? Is your accord configured with discs all around or front discs/rear drums?

We have an '06 EX-L V6. Brakes are not grabby. Never have been. We’ve replaced them about 3 times over 150K miles.

1 Like

I’ve never experienced grabby brakes on any of my vehicles, but I do sometimes have that problem with my bicycle, seems to be caused by the brake pad material. So I’m guessing this Accord had the brake pads replaced, and the new pads are the cause.

Another idea, I do recall cars with power-brakes in the late 60’s tended to over-react, squeal the tires, when you pressed on the brake pedal. I wouldn’t say they grabbed, but they were really touchy. I’m not sure if that was b/c of the design of the power booster, or that cars of that era used drum brake all around. But if it was the 60’s era booster design, maybe the OP’s brake booster isn’t working correctly.

One of the things that can cause brakes to grab is, a brake hose to a caliper that’s restricted.

I just had a discussion with another mechanic who ran into this today on two different vehicles.

Both were caused by restricted brake hoses, but for two different reasons.

Tester

2 Likes

Take your Accord to a different shop and see what they say. If you don’t know of a good repair shop ask everyone you know for a recommendation. Eventually a few will be mentioned several times. Try one of them.

2 Likes