Should I buy a 2007 Honda Accord?

Thinking of buying accord ex which seems like a great deal. The car has 95,000 miles on it. Would appreciate input from someone who owns similar car.

Why ? If you like the car and you have a mechanic inspect it for any problems and you are willing to pay the price that is all that matters.

Should you buy a 2007 Honda Accord? Sure! Should you buy that particular Honda Accord? I have no idea.

Take it for a long test drive and have your mechanic check it. If you and your mechanic like it; buy it.

Ask the technician to check the brakes because the rotors get warped easily.Check for pulsating brake pedal when you test drive the vehicule.

1 Like

That was the last year of a relatively troubled Accord generation. By the end, most of the big things, like the failing transmissions, had been corrected. I owned two Accords of that generation and loved them. One now belongs to my parents and is in my driveway for the winter. It has held up very well after a few nagging issues were fixed early in its life. I vote YES. Good advice from CorollaGuy1. Ours has had the pulsing brakes. Budget changing the front rotors and pads and find out if the timing belt has been changed yet. Those should affect your valuation.

I owned a 2005 Accord EX V6, and had no problems with it until about 150,000 miles. At that point, I considered any issues to be maintenance. Are you looking at the 4-cyl or 6-cyl? I imagine that by now, any issues should have been sorted out.

If it is the V6, find out if the timing belt was changed. It is supposed to be changed at 105,000 miles or 7 years, whichever comes sooner. If there are no receipts to show it was changed, assume it wasn’t and immediated reduce your offer by $1500 to cover the work. I had the job done at the dealer in 2012 and it was $700 for the timing belt, water pump, coolant, and serpentine belt. The lowest price I had with pulleys and oil seals was $1200.

1 Like

My 2007 Accord just turned over to 195,000 miles and my dad’s 03 V6 Accord has 268,000 miles. I can’t tell you how many times I have seen people with Mazda 6’s built during the same time have failed head gaskets, or Ford Fusions with bad transmissions. No Subaru owner admits they had a head gasket repair, but Subaru techs will tell you its an inevitable repair…Online they say problem free. I am now cautious what I read online, especially carcomplaints.com.

Check out what Consumer Reports Used Car guide has to say about it. Should be a copy going back that far at your local public library. Gives you an idea what systems on the car are particularly trouble-free or trouble-prone.

The car is 12 years old . No one on the planet knows what shape it’s in other than the qualified person who inspects it.

It could be a great car, rolling junk, or somewhere in between.