2006 Chevrolet Corvette - stuck convertible top

Manual convertible top is stuck, don’t want to force, is there a liquid or substance I can use to break seal between the rubber seal and painted surface without damage? Car was in storage for a number of years.

I would call a local convertible shop . They may give you instructions over the phone or solve this for a few dollars. With out actually seeing the top I would not dare make a suggestion.

Thanks for the prompt reply, not sure what you mean by your suggestion of containing a local “convertible shop” …what’s that? Do you mean a local Chevy dealership? I have a mechanic friend that suggested WD40 letting is soak for several hours. He
didn’t think the WD40 would harm the rubber or the paint surface …any comments???

Sorry about the spelling, I meant to say “contacting a local” and “letting it soak”. Hope everyone understood what I meant.

There are shops that specialize in replacing/repairing convertible tops. That’s what @VOLVO_V70 is referring to. Most fair size cities have at least one.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input Dave, I’m in OKC population 1-1/2 million, we probably have such a shop. I’ll do an internet search for one.

Again, thanks for your input.

Unfortunately I’ve only driven through your fair city on the way to/from the Dallas area but yeah, it probably has at least one such shop. Best of luck and let us know what happens.

Apparently you now have two Corvettes . You should join one of the many Corvette clubs and almost any question you have can be answered by one of the members.

1 Like

Silicone spray, not WD40 and apply a little heat from a hairdryer to soften the rubber.

1 Like