Vinyl convertible top crack/chip repair kit suggestions (pictures included)

I have a 2013 white Ford Mustang with a black convertible top that I have neglected (not applied any protectant/sealant for years) and it’s not garaged. I bought the Chemical Guys HOL_996 Convertible Top Cleaner and Convertible Top Protectant Kit and the Forever Black Black-Top Gel with Applicator - Black Convertible Top Dye for Restoring Black Color of Car Top. The plan was to clean it with the Top Cleaner, Dye it, then apply the protectant. After cleaning the top, I noticed that a few pieces of Vinyl chipped off just above the windows, where the vinyl wraps around the convertible metal frame/cage that provides the internal support of the top. I would like to apply some sort of liquid vinyl repair paste/gel before I re-Dye the whole thing, then apply the protectant/sealant. The chips/cracks are not big enough to use the patches, I just need some type of liquid/gel that I can apply an let dry to the cracks/chips/missing areas that is hopefully flexible and won’t crack when the top is lowered and collapsed behind the back seats . Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help and I’ll be monitoring this thread for any advice or any additional questions.

Duplicate post. Keep it to one please.

Return the products you have not used and get a new top. You are going to do a lot of work anfdnot be happy with the results.

1 Like