2005 Mazda Mazda2 - What causes this flashing light?

I have a 2005 Mazda and about 3 weeks ago the engine light began suddenly flashing. I took it to a garage and the mechanic said that rain water was getting into the cylinder around the spark plugs, causing the electrics to cut out. He replaced them but yesterday it began again although it hasn’t rained particularly heavily. Is there a way to fix this aside from simply replacing the spark plugs?

Replace your mechanic.

10 Likes

A flashing check engine light indicates a misfire which dumps un burned fuel in the catalytic converter, it can be ruined.

As @Purebred says, get another mechanic, what he did does not make sense

3 Likes

A different garage has said it was misfiring but as it happened so recently I am still under warranty. Thanks for the help guys!

Why is there rain water leaking onto the engine? Is there something wrong with the hood?

1 Like

Apparently that “just happens” to some cars but as I said, it’s barely rained so it’s definitely another problem!

horse puckey.
did your mechanic say rain water? or just water/coolant?

1 Like

He said rain water specifically

Rain comes through you grill and radiator and A/C condenser and everything under your hood gets wet during a hard rain.

If water could leak around your spark plugs into the cylinder any cars that don’t have the spark plugs onder sealed covers would never run in the rain.

Whoever told you that was no mechanic.

2 Likes