2005 Honda CRV Drive Light

The drive light on my CRV occasionally blinks when I place the car in park. It does not blink when the car first starts or while I am driving.

On many cars nowadays, a blinking “D” light on the shift quadrant indicates that a fault–usually of an electronic nature–has been detected in the transmission. Failure to fix this fault promptly can result in costly mechanical repairs to the transmission.

I would suggest that you take the vehicle to an independent transmission shop for evaluation.
DO NOT go to AAMCO, Lee Myles, Cottman, Mr. Transmission, or any other chain unless you want to be told that you need a new transmission–whether you really do or not. An indy shop will be more likely to give you an honest assessment, better workmanship, and a lower price for whatever repairs are necessary.

Incidentally, if you check your Owner’s Manual, it will probably confirm what I stated regarding the blinking “D” light. The Owner’s Manual should always be your first resource whenever you have a question regarding the operation of the vehicle, as that is the official word from the people who engineered and built your vehicle.

Thank you so much. Since I am an older single woman I do not want to be taken to the cleaners if it can be avoided ;0)