2005 Chrysler T&C will not start

My 2005 Chrysler T&C will not start. It had been working fine. Yesterday morning (a cold day - dipped below freezing at night), I started the car and let it idle to defrost the windshield. When I came back a few minutes later, I found that it had stalled. The battery was dead and a jump from my other car did not get the T&C started. I installed a new battery - the old one was the original, and was probably due for replacing. And, yes, I have the plus/negative cables connected correctly. The new battery is the same group size as the original, and has a larger CCA then the original (950 vs. 500).

With the new battery in, the engine strongly cranks when I turn the ignition. It sounds like the battery is supplying plenty of power. It has all the sound and feel of starting, except that final moment when the engine springs to life.

I expect the starter needs replacing. What do you all think?

Also, does anyone know if the starter on this car is an easy on, easy off, item. Or, will I need to move stuff out of the way in order to replace it? Until I get the car up on jack stands, I can’t see what is waiting for me under there.