2004 Chevy Classic literally STUCK

Thanks guys, got some good direction here. I’ll try to remove that caliper tomorrow given weather permits it. I think it’s supposed to rain.

What do you think about something like this? More Information for POWER STOP KCOE1551

I have been satisfied with PowerStop pad & rotor sets but I’ve never bought their calipers.

I have never used them, but a lot of corvette and camaro owners use the performance brake pads for their cars

Yes.
As stated, replace brake hoses too.
Could be why they were stuck.

I’m not going to read all the responses. Dr. doesn’t necessarily mean MD. It can be PhD in English, Anthropology, or gasp, engineering.

At any rate, the parking brake is on the rear wheels so if they turn, it is not the parking brake. The parking brake light is activated by the brake lever, so the light can be off but the brake still applied if the cable is stuck. Just to be clear.

So now you jacked up the front wheels? And do they turn? If not sure the I suppose the caliper could be stuck but just trying to figure out how that would happen just sitting. Could the tires just be frozen to the ground? I think I would not recommend messing with the brakes if you are unfamiliar. Just tow it since you need to have the brakes worked on anyway.

2 Likes

@Bing The parking brake isn’t stuck, the rears turn very freely as a matter of fact the drums could use a little tightening. The front right was stuck. Just the other day I disconnected the line because the bleeder was broken off and bled off some pressure. I forgot to pump the brakes a few times before doing that but the wheel started moving a bit better. Perhaps it slowly bled off back up the line since the last time the brakes were applied. I’m replacing hoses, pads and calipers either way I already ordered the parts. Also gonna be doing a flush.

1 Like