2004 Acura TSX electrical problems/ check engine light

I have a 2004 Acura TSX and about 3 months ago, I had to replace the battery. No big deal, but after that, when I would have the car in park and the radio on, all electrical would cut off for a split second. Then two days ago, it happened again, except this time, the engine cut off too. The check engine light came on for a day but then went off. It’s the second time the check engine/malfunction light has come on in the past few weeks. Just under 60K miles and other than that, needs rotors. What the heck is wrong with it and how much will it cost to fix it?

Recheck all the connections at the battery. Insure all is clean and tight. If this car has fuses on the positive battery pole, make sure they are all pushed in correctly.

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into English and post it back here.

Thanks for the info. The CEL is no longer on. Will they still be able to give me a reading?

Probably. Usually once the light comes on a code has been stored.