2003 honda accord brakes

I own a 2003 honda accord with less than 26,000 miles on it and was told yesterday that I need new brakes, What’s up. All my other cars brakes were replaced well after 60,000 miles. I only drive this car on weekends around town, but this seems odd to me.

Get a second opinion with a measurement of the remaining brake pad thickness.
If you get new brake pads, it seems to me that the rotors only need to be changed every second, or third, pad replacement interval. Some shops want to avoid possible come-backs for rotors by replacing rotors at every brake pad change.

“I only drive this car on weekends around town.”

I think that you have answered your own question.
Local driving involves much more braking per mile than highway driving does, thus leading to much greater wear on your brake pads. The same car, if driven primarily on the highway, might easily go 60k miles before it needed to have the brake pads replaced.

Also, brake wear varies greatly from one make and model of car to another. Back in the late '70s or early '80s, GM marketed some small coupes under the Chevy, Pontiac, Olds, and Buick marques that typically needed to have their brakes relined every 15,000 miles. By comparison to those cars, you are doing fairly well.