2003 Accord dash lights

The LED display for my climate control and radio has failed. I am unable to see what vent mode I’m using, what radio station, etc.

my local dealer estimates a $382 fix to replace a failed circuit board. I am out of Warantee at 140K miles so no help there.

Is there anyway to repair the circuit board? Or, should I replace the whole module with a used one?

I am tempted to cut off the shaded lens, so I can better see the LED display with a handheld flashlight. It still registers the info.

see if you can buy a new, used, or refurbished radio and climate unit on ebay. If you can, then you just need to figure out how to take the get the current one out of the dash. The new one will slip in with you only needing to connect the electrical plugs in the back.

I replaced the radio and climate unit on a '98 Volvo V70 and it was easy to pull the radio, and that provided easy access to the climate unit too.

I would locate another repair facility other than the dealer and get a quote on repairs. Dealerships are usually the most expensive fixes. If you live in a large city there might even be an independent auto repair shop that specializes in Honda cars.