2002 Chevy Suburban rear lift window only rolls up or down from driver door master

As the subject states, on a 2002 Chevrolet Suburban, all window buttons work fine with exception of the rear left door. I’ve swapped the button from the right rear door to test, and it didnt work, but when I put the left rear door button on the right rear, it worked just fine. So the buttons isn’t the issue.

It isn’t the motor for the left rear window, as I can roll it just fine from the driver door window master.

And of course, I’m certain child lockout is OFF since I can roll both right passenger windows by using the button at each of the right side doors.

Speaker on that door works just fine, but I thought it may be valuable to note that the courtesy light on the left rear door doesn’t work either. I’ve tested the bulb that was on it and the bulbs is working.

Also, power door lock works fine on left rear door.

Perhaps the no working window button and the not working courtesy light on the interior of the left rear door are symptoms of a shared issue.

Please shine in, if you are able to help. Try not to get off topic please.

Check for a blown 10 amp fuse in the under dash fuse box.

Tester

My guess is that one or more of the contacts in the plug that goes to the switch is loose or broken

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,2002,suburban+1500,5.3l+v8,1380327,electrical-connector,power+window+switch+connector,13111

Capture

1 Like

If it isn’t the motor and it isn’t the switch, the only other thing is the wiring (or the contacts in the junction plug mentioned above). The fact that the courtesy light on that door doesn’t work sort of lends itself to that theory, I think.