2001 Dodge Caravan

I have a '01 dodge caravan 4 cyclinder. took it to the dealer to get the 90,000 mile service they recommended. drove it home & a few months later (about 3)discovered there was no oil in the van. since then the van is hard to start & it sounds like it is going to stall out when i am at a stop light & i go to accelerate a bit then release the gas pedal. one time it did stall on me. it also happens when i go into reverse. although it hasnt stalled on me going in reverse, it sounds & feels like it is going to. does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? FYI, the service engine light has never come on.

There are only about 100 things that could be going on.

Did you really go 3 months without checking your oil? From now on do it more like once a week - or maybe every other gas fill up. When you say “no oil in the van” what do you mean? How many quarts did it take? Did the oil light ever come on?

You started off by mentioning the dealer visit. I don’t know why, but I’d skip thinking about that. A lot can happen in 3 months, especially if you don’t check the oil.

If you want to you can pull out your invoice from the 90k service and specify everything that was done then. It would also be good to know what has been done before.

I think that you’re likely to have to bring it to someone to look at it since there really are too many things that can be wrong. But you don’t need to go to a dealer. You just need a good, local, independent mechanic.

thanks will look for one.