2001 Caravan Power Windows Die Regularly

I have been driving around since late last summer with a passenger side window that won’t go down. With the nicer weather, it would be noce to fix it, but this is would be the third time! I hve spoken to a few friends with similar problems. Is there a recall or a known bug fix for this?

Thanks!!

What was done to “fix it” the first two times? Has anyone actually gone through to test the power supply/wiring & regulator mechanism?

Sorry - should have been more specific - and to answer the other obvious question, it was fixed the first time less than a year before a move to a place where I only lived for about a year - but long enough to have it fixed there - and the second fix was about 2 years ago. In each case, I believe that the drive motor was replaced. This is not a cheap fix. My colleague who has a virtually identical car (including one previous motor replacement) was recently quoted ~$300 to do the repair on her car. I’ll have it in for some other work later this week and can have this checked while it’s there.

As far as I know there is no recall on this trouble or TSB out for it. We had to have the window worked on in our '02 T&C van a few years ago. Fortunately it was under warranty. It seems to me that there is something more wrong with the window system than just a bad motor. It may be that the window regulator is causing the motor to use excessive force to work the window which will cause excessive current flow in the motor and wear it out faster than normal. There also could be a bad connection to the motor which could cause the same problem. I would have the current checked when the motor is replaced again to see what the story is with that.

Righto - someone should verify a good clean power supply and check the amp draw on the motor.

Do you know whether the window regulator was replaced with the motor each time?