Wohooo... It's fixed.. Here are the steps I took to fix it. It was the calibration that was off.
Note: This is assuming that nothing mechanical is broken the roof is not off track.
Tools used: 1 T25 screwdriver and lots of patience.
- Checked the tracks if anything was blocking them. I did not find any.
- Disconnect the wire connected to the reading lamps on the rear view mirror.
- Pull out the 2 plastic retainers holding the headliner. 1 on each side of the switch assembly and I managed to break one in the process.
- Use the T25 screwdriver to remove the 3 screws holding up the 2 sun visors.
- Peal off the rubber that holds the headliner on the front edge of the roof openning and pull down on the headliner. You should see the motor/actuator assembly.
- Remove the 3 T25 screws holding up the motor assembly.
- Pull down the motor assembly and you should see some gears on the other side. The plastice gears seems to be a counter next to the sensor that tells the motor when to stop.
- With the motor disengaged, press the switch to close position untill the motor stops.
- Now, press the motor once and it should turn on for a few sec. That should be the vent position on the sunroof. Press it again and the motor should turn all the way to the open position.
- Now push the sunroof all the way back untill it stops.
- Re-install the motor assembly and try if it closes all the way. You migh have to do it a few times. It worked the first time for me..
And now it works again.
Thank you all for responding and all your tips helped...=)